Functional Integration and JKA Approach for Special Needs Children and Child Development
The one to one work in the Feldenkrais method is called ‘Functional Integration‘.
Here we can address specific issues related to your movement and well being. The way of working is more specific and tailored to your needs and interests. I work with people of all ages from young children to the elderly. Some have more debilitating conditions than others. It is my belief that all people can benefit from Feldenkrais lessons whatever their skill, training, background and current condition.
Functional Integration can be beneficial for
- Recurring and chronic joint and muscular problems
- The recovery process from surgery and injuries
- Improving sleep and breathing
- Daily movement which require well integrated action (walking, sitting, and all the actions inbetween!)
- Rehabilitation from strokes, MS and other chronic neurological conditions
- Improved performance and well being in the work place
- Professional wanting to improve skill, technique and performance, dancers, musicians, actors, singers
- Other movement teachers, such as Yoga, Pilates, T’ai chi, Aikido, where Feldenkrais can offer a comprehensive felt sense of how the body moves complimenting existing practices
- Athletes recovering from injuries and wishing to improve their sport action/performance
- Self awareness and how a sensory experience of the body can have a positive and illuminating affect on other aspects of life
I practice in
Princedale Rd, Holland Park, W11 4NL.
Home visits are sometimes possible.